Friday, December 7, 2012

My Favorite Gift Giving Ideas

I know that almost all of us are scurrying around trying to get ready for the holidays.

As the days grow shorter in number until Santa arrives I thought I might share a few of the ideas for gift giving that I have been pondering and planning.

I have been so inspired by all of the generous support from our community to help the countless pets in need that I have decided to make many of my gifts to my family and friends in the form of a gift to a charity in their name.

How better to honor the spirit of the season than to help a pet in need? (Especially because I seem to see them on an almost daily basis.)

Over the next few weeks i am going to post the pets and people that I am assisting and doing so on behalf of someone on my Christmas list. (Special note to my family and friends; sorry to spoil the surprise).

For today's post I wanted to share one of the ideas that I came across in the November/December 2012 issue of Best Friends.

Petfinder.com has a way for anyone of us to "Foster a Lonely Pet." This is a way for a homeless pet in foster to be able spend a few days this holiday season with a foster family that is found on Petfinder.com's site. I just think that this is a brilliant idea!

To learn more visit www.petfinder.com/fosteralonelypet for more information on foster care.





No comments:

Post a Comment