Friday, September 23, 2011

my last week

Hello Everyone,

Hard as I try to get a post posted every other day I seem to have these bumps in the road that cause me to de-rail.

I had three terrible days in a row. It all started last week when a friend I had'nt seen in 15 years dropped in for a few days. It was wonderful to see her, and I really tried to take some time off. But last Wednesday I saw a 1.5 year old spayed female Akita that had been ADR (vet term for Ain't Doin' Right, (its one of my favorite terms, so gritty and ole timey)). Her owners were in their mid-twenties. All smiles and full of new life. It was palpable the minute I walked into the exam room. They very quickly spilled the beans that they had just gotten hiome from their honeymoon. They had left their dogs with their parents and their parents had reported to them that Bailey's (Akita's name) had been lethargic, not interested in food, and had had white gums for the last two weeks. I very quickly gasped and interjected, "Ok, in the future white gums equals immediatley get in the car and drive to the emergency hospital or here." They went on to tell me that they had been very busy and thought she might recover on her own, (small gasp again). I looked at her gums, and they were a pale muddy slightly purplish color, aka crap-ola. I palpated her abdomen and there was an enlarged mass in the area of her spleen. I took an x-ray and reported back to them that she needed her spleen removed ASAP. I scheduled her first thing the next morning. Problem was I had my friend coming in, had a very messy house to try to get ready for compoany and i was exhausted.

It was the beginning of my cascade of avalanche of disasters that has kept me from posting. I will finish Baileys story soon, stay tuned. It's a goodie!

Back to my tumultous week. My poor friend Marta showed up at the clinic whike I was in the middle of trying to get things wrapped up so I could go spend  some time with her. She ended up assisting us with Wren my "worst case ever kitten" (I have a long story on him coming soon), and Momma Kitty with the worst polyp ever, (she's coming up to), and the turtle, Bailey, and a few others. Sorry Marta, and Thanks for all of your help.

I did spend a great Friday and Saturday with her, Diedra, (sister) and Joe (husband). And then we left on Saturday afternoon for Philadelphia to run the Rock N' Roll 1/2 marathon. It was a blast! The run is flat, the weather was great, a band plays music to cheer you on every mile. We all finished together and had a concert to dance to at the end. It was a great day. Needless to say I was tired on Monday.

The event of Monday are the last blog.

But this is my real-life. Crazy, insane busy, drama life and death, and I love it!

Ok, Here's a few pictures of Bailey,

Here are some pictures of the three of us at the Philadelphia Rock N' Roll Half Marathon







No comments:

Post a Comment